• Promoting Access to Medical Technologies and Innovation. WHO, WIP, WTO. February 2013
• SLOW IDEAS: Some innovations spread fast. How do you speed the ones that don’t? A Gawande. The New Yorker. July 29, 2013.
• Sustainable health and multi-stakeholder action: Lessons learned from the MDGs. IFPMA. September 2013.
• From Promises to Progress: The First Annual Report on the London Declaration on NTDs. Uniting to combat NTDs. January 2013.
• Implementing new health interventions in developing countries: Why do we lose a decade or more? Brooks A et al. BMC Public Health. 12:683. 21 August 2012
• Improving Access to Essential Medicines Through Public-Private Partnerships. IVAC. June 2011
• Adoption of new health products in low and middle income settings: how product development partnerships can support country decision making. Wells WW and Brooks A. Health Research Policy and Systems 2011, 9:15
• Ensuring Access to Products Developed by PDPs. AD Brooks et al. Innovation Strategy Today. Volume 3 (1). January 2010
• Innovation in Action: Policies to accelerate the development and delivery of global health tools. Global Health Technologies Coalition (GHTC). April 2010.
• Trading Away Access to Medicines: How the European Union’s trade agenda has taken a wrong turn. Health Action International (HAI) and Oxfam International. October 2009
• Registering new drugs for low-income countries: the African challenge. Moran M et al. PLoS Medicine. 1 February 2011; 8(2):e1000411.
• Regulatory watch: FDA guidance on co-developing investigational drugs. Nature Reviews Drug Discovery. 1 February 2011; 10:86.
PDP Access Steering Committee
• Economic Appraisals for Product Development Partnership. Report from the PDP Access group meeting in January 2013. April 2013.
• Access metrics: Tracking Progress and Success for PDPs. PDP Access Steering Committee Working Paper. December 2011.
• Summary analysis of Access Costs. PDP Access Steering Committee Working Paper. December 2011.
• PDP Access Steering Committee: Second access meeting Facilitating equitable access to new health products in low income countries held 27-28 July 2010. Meeting Report, Discussion Papers and Presentations.
PDP/s Access Related Reports
Dengue Vaccine Initiative
• Planning for the Introduction of Dengue Vaccines: Meeting Report of the Americas Dengue Prevention Board - Highlights. Dengue Vaccine Initiative. 15 February 2012.
• Consolidated Points for Consideration for First Introductions of Dengue Vaccines. Dengue Vaccine Initiative
• Points for Consideration for First Introductions of Dengue Vaccines. Report of the Asia-Pacific Dengue Prevention Board 2012. August 2012.
• PDVI: Dengue Vaccine Adoption in Developing Countries: Some costs & financing issues. PDVI_Occasional_Paper_1.pdf July 2010
• PDVI: Dengue Vaccines: Introduction and Delivery Issues. PDVI_Occasional_Paper_2.pdf September 2010
• PDVI Occasional Paper 3. Challenges concerning Diagnosis, Surveillance, Burden of Disease, and Economics of Dengue. September 2010.
• Ensuring Success: MMV Access Strategy- Presentation (September 2007)
• Procurement and Pricing of New Vaccines for Developing Countries. August 2008. IAVI Policy Brief
• Forecasting Demand for Preventative HIV Vaccines in India. International AIDS Vaccine Initiative. June 2007
• The Impact of an AIDS Vaccine in Developing Countries: A New Model and Preliminary Results. October 2006. IAVI Policy Research Working Paper 8
• Financing Mechanisms for Microbicide R&D and Future Introduction. 2007
• Implications of the current tuberculosis treatment landscape for future regimen change. Wells WA et al. The International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease, Volume 15, Number 6, June 2011 , pp. 746-753(8)
• New TB Regimens: What Countries Want (September 2009)
• Pathway to Patients (May 2007)
PATH - MVI
• Malaria Vaccine Decision Making Framework. Process launched by MVI and WHO launched in 2006 with support from USAID and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
• Market Assessment for Malaria Vaccines. Presentation. February 2005
Other articles/ reports on Access Issues
• HPV Vaccine Adoption in Developing Countries: Cost and Financing Issues. A joint IAVI and PATH publication. December 2007
• Scaling up interventions to achieve global tuberculosis control: progress and new developments. Raviglione M et al. The Lancet, Volume 379, Issue 9829, Pages 1902 - 1913, 19 May 2012
• Expanding Access to long-lasting insecticide-treated nets (LLINs): A Global Market Dynamics Approach. Results for Development Institute. April 2012.
• Closing the access barrier for effective antimalarials in the private sector in rural Uganda: consortium for ACT private sector subsidy (CAPSS) pilot study. Talisuna AO et al. Malaria Journal 2012, 11:356 doi:10.1186/1475-2875-11-356. Published October 29
• Feasibility of distributing rapid diagnostic tests for Malaria in the retail sector: Evidence from an implementation study in Uganda. Cohen J et al. PLoS ONE 7(11): e48296. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0048296
• Early experiences on the feasibility, acceptability, and use of malaria rapid diagnostic tests at peripheral health centres in Uganda-insights into some barriers and facilitators. Implementation Science 2012, 7:5. Published online 23 January 2012
• Universal access to malaria medicines: innovation in financing and delivery. Adeyi O & Atun R. The Lancet, Volume 376, Issue 9755, Pages 1869 - 1871, 27 November 2010
• APPMG Fourth Report: Delivering Malaria Control to Those in Need. All-Party Parliamentary Group on Malaria and Neglected Tropical Diseases. December 2008.
• Equity and adequacy of international donor assistance for global malaria control: an analysis of populations at risk and external funding commitments. Snow RW et al. Volume 376, Issue 9750, Pages 1409 - 1416, 23 October 2010
• Introduction of Hepatitis B Vaccine: Reflections on Innovation. R Mahoney. Innovation Strategy Today. Volume 3 (1). January 2010
• Scale-up of diagnostics for multidrug resistant tuberculosis. Caws M et al. The Lancet Infectious Diseases, Volume 10, Issue 10, Pages 656 - 658, October 2010
• Point-of-care testing for infectious diseases: diversity, complexity, and barriers in low- and middle-income countries. Pai NP et al. PLoS Med 9(9): e1001306. doi:10.1371/journal.pmed.1001306
• Optimising the manufacture, formulation, and dose of antiretroviral drugs for more cost-efficient delivery in resource-limited settings: a consensus statement. Crawford KW et al. The Lancet Infectious Diseases, Volume 12, Issue 7, Pages 550 - 560, July 2012
• Cost of production of live attenuated dengue vaccines: A case study of the Instituto Butantan, Sao Paulo, Brazil. Mahoney RT et al. Vaccine. Volume 30, Issue 32, 6 July 2012, Pages 4892–4896